- When you are looking at School Budgets nationwide, are you aware that you are looking at the budgets of School Boards which set their own tax rates?
- Do you believe that class sizes affect student achievement?
- Do you believe that updated science textbooks affect student achievement?
- Do you believe that employee compensation is related to employee performance?
- Do you believe that lower per pupil cost relates to higher achievement?
- Do you believe that having good schools reduces the impact of an economic downturn?
- Do you believe that good schools enhance the resale values of the homes they serve?
- Do you believe that employee retention is considered to be a good thing?
- Do you believe that coming in under budget is a good thing?
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Questions for Supervisors
Author: John Stevens
Last week we met with the Board of Supervisors to answer more questions. Overall the tone was much, much better than two weeks prior. I especially thank Mr. Miller, Ms. Buckley and Ms. Kurtz for their helpful questions and remarks. Through it all I thought of some questions that I would ask the Board of Supervisors if they were sitting before our dais: